A rare opportunity to join a privately-owned business in growth mode, offering variety, leadership and more.
Based in the South Taranaki/Taranaki Region, we are looking for a Quarry Operations Manager who can offer experience within the extractives industry, along with leadership qualities.
Working directly with a small team, you will be responsible for the day to day management of an established quarry with 60,000 to 70,000m3 extracted and processed each year along with 2 currently non manned quarries within the region. You will be responsible for managing production and extraction activities, recruiting and training staff, troubleshooting any technical problems and overseeing the maintenance of equipment and vehicles for our three quarry sites.
You will be pro-active and a lateral thinker and be passionate about the preservation and optimising the usage of the land, whilst building the quality into a brand. Key attributes will be your networking skills to build key relationships with customers, residents, local contractors along with roading/civil engineering companies within the region and being able to understand their business needs along with optimising ours. You will be comfortable with reporting on the performance of the operation to management along with strategic planning of forecasting capital works and general expenses.
It is also the expectation of the company that upholding the standards of safety and protecting the wellbeing of the crew is paramount. You will be someone who holds this in the fore front of your career within the industry and will have healthy family values and operates with integrity.
- All aspects of the day to day running of quarries, including all operational duties
- Continuous Health and Safety Management including regular toolbox meetings
- Ongoing Development of Risk Management, Quarry Operations and Hazard Register
- Managing the maintenance of the plant, machinery, buildings, equipment and all vehicles
- Management of the raw material extraction program
- Assist in reviewing and formulating annual budgets
- Administrative duties including accurate data collection around fuel consumption along with sales and production as well as keeping records of all sales and invoicing – please note support is given from Head Office for more complex needs
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum B Grade Quarry Manager certification (A grade ideal but not essential)
- Wheels, tracks and rollers
- First Aid Level 2
- Additional HT licenses would be of value
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL OFFER YOU
- Work life balance in the regional areas
- Individual responsibility with ongoing development
- Comprehensive remuneration structure
- Assistance with costs relating to Quarry Managers Certification
If you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the industry and at least 2 years in a senior role within a quarry, we would like to hear from you regarding this rare opportunity.
Please Apply in the first instance by submitting your CV and a covering letter as to why you are applying and what your current situation is.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role
Constantly providing an exceptional level of service and professionalism in all aspects of her work, Christine takes a genuine interest in whom she works with and is committed to achieving success.
Give Christine a call to discuss options around what you want to achieve in your career and she will endeavour to achieve that 'win-win solution' that's right for you.