If you are a Quantity Surveyor with 5+ years' experience, act now to join the team at Isles Construction!
About the Company
Isles Construction are an award winning commercial construction company based in the Manawatu. Founded in 1975, they are a one stop shop for all things construction and remain family owned and operated. The company has continued to grow and has become one of the largest employers of construction staff in the Manawatu. They take great pride in all aspects of their business – from the on-site construction to the staff that make up the company. This is your opportunity to become part of the team as their Senior Quantity Surveyor!
About the Role
In this senior role you will be responsible for accurate and efficient costing of commercial construction contracts. Along with your proven New Zealand experience as a Quantity Surveyor, you will also have a knack for relationship management, building positive relationships with clients, colleagues and contractors alike. This is an integral position within the business therefore being a team player with good communications skills is a must.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Cost estimation, tender preparation and submission.
- Project scheduling
- Variation preparation
- Analysis of quotes from subcontractors and suppliers
- Assess and mitigate subcontractor tags
The qualities and skills required:
- Minimum of 5 years New Zealand experience working as a Quantity Surveyor or Estimator
- Sound working knowledge of relevant contracts, standards and legislation including 3604, 3910 and 3915 and the Construction Contracts Act.
- Experience in commercial projects up to $12m
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Project.
- Have high accuracy and attention to detail
- Be self-motivated, have excellent organisation skills and a confident communicator
- Be a positive team member with a good sense of humour.
The final remuneration package will reflect the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate and will include a vehicle and mobile phone and opportunities for professional development.
If relocating to the Manawatu then a contribution to relocation costs will be considered.
Click Apply and include your CV and a covering letter clearly aligning your skills and experience to this role or call Nicola Burton-Stroud on 06-280-2403 for a confidential chat.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role
Meeting people, building solid relationships and understanding human behaviour are skills which have drawn Nicola to PN Personnel.
Nicola has the knack of asking the right questions to fully understand a position, person and business.