This is your opportunity to move to a diverse and exciting management accounting position. You will be fronting with clients and using your commercial acumen to influence and contribute to successful outcomes. Applications are now open!
MyFarm is nestled in NZ’s most beautiful town (Feilding). The MyFarm team achieve amazing things here in our Manawatu town. Check out their website: www.myfarm.co.nz
Their focus is to provide investors with syndicated investment opportunities in diverse land-based assets including horticulture (permanent crops) including hop gardens, avocado orchards, manuka honey as well as rural and commercial property. They handpick their investments based on the potential to deliver above average returns to investors and apply their expertise as business managers to drive the best financial outcomes.
About the Role:
This is a role where you are not just reporting but are driving and influencing decisions between key stakeholders. For example, monthly meetings with business managers and stakeholders are planned and run by you as the Management Accountant. To do this effectively you will need to be fluid with good accounting practice (know your numbers) and have the ability to build strong business relationships. This is a diverse role that gives you scope to use your commercial acumen and make a difference.
- Monthly management of syndicate financials
- Developing annual budgets
- Reporting to stakeholders
- Identifying areas for improvement
- Reviewing systems and processes
- Cashflow management
- Annual Financial Statement preparation, insurance and banking requirements
Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone with solid management accounting experience. You will also need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability work collaboratively within a team environment. You will be dealing with all aspects of the business and need to be passionate and proactive when it comes to process improvement. Some of the key skills we are looking for are:
- Previous management accounting or financial accounting experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification (desirable)
- Knowledge and skills in accounting software (Xero, Figured, MS Excel)
- Ability to prioritise, manage workloads and meet deadlines
- Relationship management skills
- Agri/hort or primary sector experience highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication and affinely to the primary sector is critical
This is your opportunity to move to a diverse and exciting role, fronting with clients, and using your initiative to report and advise. Applications are now open, please submit your up to date CV and cover letter today. For more information, please call Robyn Bills on 06 280 2401.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role