Are you ready for a new and exciting challenge? Fantastic opportunity to join a team of motivated professionals with a passion for the region.
The team at CEDA are a passionate group of people, driven to grow and develop the region. Their vision for the region: by 2025 Manawatu will be New Zealand’s most progressive region. Where great minds, future focused businesses and diverse cultures come together to grow the prosperity of, and deliver for, its communities, New Zealand and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced Communications professional to take the lead in planning, content strategy, stakeholder management and media relations for the organisation. You will have exceptional organisational skills, and thrive in a fast paced, multi stakeholder environment. We need you to be a strategic thinker and clever content writer with experience in all aspects of communication to ensure the right message is delivered to the right people… at the right time. Your ability to provide strategic advice on public relations and communications will be called upon to actively manage all media requests ensuring proactive publicity. Your keen interest in the region and economic development will be essential as well as generally keeping up to date with news and insights and monitoring key trends (both locally and nationally). Public speaking will be something that comes naturally and this goes hand in hand with your networking ability to engage with key stakeholders across all levels.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead role in CEDA’s Communications programme and planning
- Input into CEDA’s Marketing Strategy, plan and Statement of Intent
- Provide strategic advice on public relations and communications
- Content creation for all CEDA communication channels
- Writing and producing media releases and identifying media opportunities
- Management of social media channels
- Proactive and reactive public relations and media management
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media and stakeholders
- Presenting at public events and attending networking functions
What we are looking for in you:
- Exceptionally well organised and experience working in a fast paced multi stakeholder environment
- Strategic thinker – ability to provide strategic advice on public relations and communications
- Clever content creator
- Experience managing media requests
- A keen interest in the Manawatu region and economic development
- Confident public speaker and networker
- Relevant communications and/or journalism tertiary qualification
- Ability to clearly communicate to a multitude of audiences
Collaboration across the organisation and with their partners is the key to delivering CEDA’s outcomes and ambition for the region so you will be an active collaborator, with proven experience working across multiple teams internally and externally.
If you have a passion for the region and want to join a team of highly motivated like-minded professionals, Apply today with your updated CV and Cover Letter letting me know why you right person for this role.
For further information you can call Robyn Bills on 06 280 2401 for a confidential conversation.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role