Should you change your career pathway?
There comes a point in your career when you consider a change in direction.
This may be triggered by many different reasons, you may have achieved a lot in your role, and feel you want to try something different, you may need a new and greater challenge, or simply feel the time is right to try something completely new.
Before you consider a change, consider the factors influencing your decision.
If you answer yes to these questions, then perhaps the time is right:
· You are actively browsing job boards
· You feel you have reached your peak in your current role
· You feel you have limited further progression options/training available to you
· You feel passionate about other industries/roles
· You need a role with a better work/lifestyle balance
Before you do anything, you need to explore and evaluate why you are considering a change, if a change is viable to fulfil you professionally and personally.
Consider the following questions:
· What it is about your current situation you want to change?
· Identify your skills and strengths
· What new skills might you may need for your career change?
· Is now the right time to enter a new market?
· Is it financially viable for you to change?
· Are you prepared to work your way up?
Once you have this information, it will be easier to plan your pathway, or pop it on hold. You may decide to start some additional study to work towards a new career. You may decide to network or join some groups related to your preferred career. You may balance your books and decide to wait, or plan for personal circumstances to line up with a potential change.
Scoping potential career opportunities is the easy part. Sign up for our job alerts through our website, and the likes of Seek and Trade Me. This will give you a good idea of the range of jobs available and desirable skills to fill the position. If you do see a position you want to pursue, make sure you update your CV, we have some tips to create a transferable skills-based CV here.
Give it time, give it thought, do your research and ask questions.
If you see a specific opportunity advertised by us, feel free to get in touch for more detail to understand if this is the right career move for you.
Cushla effortlessly tackles our fast paced industry with her pro-active nature. She is dedicated to delivering Temporary and Permanent recruitment solutions every time and is committed to understanding your expectations to ensure the right fit.
Cushla always has a positive upbeat attitude and is never too busy to hear from you, so call her today for a confidential chat.