A goal without a plan is just a wish.
If you fail to plan you plan to fail.
Let’s find your goal for 2019 and put a plan in to aspire and work towards achieving this.
Whilst New Year’s resolutions are often downgraded as unrealistic and unattainable, the New Year is a great time to do some reflection, to consider what you would like your goal or goals to be for 2019.
Your goals should be:
• Fit your bigger picture or long-term plans
Career wise the question to ask is…where do you want to be in a year’s time or…in 5 years’ time?
Starting with the 5 year goal, start to work backwards to determine how you can get there. Take small steps and small goals towards the overall objective.
If your goal is to advance with your employer think about what steps you need to take to achieve the role you want. Talk to your manager – are there any opportunities to advance in your existing role and what do you have to do to get there?
Do you have the current skills to achieve your goals or do you need to investigate education options to achieve this?
What can you do now that can make a difference to your future? You may consider:
• Changing your daily schedule and taking half an hour each morning to read something new
• Heading to bed early to read a motivational book
• Taking a class or learning a new skill
• Connecting or reconnecting with contacts to share ideas and knowledge
• Joining a group, attending a networking function
• Volunteering your time/experience.
Feel free to send us your CV and talk to us about your goals. At PN Personnel we can work with you to determine what steps forward you should take.
Little steps forward are always better than standing still. What are you waiting for?