ADA New Zealand are new to the Manawatu and are looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join their Operations Team and manage their new warehouse.
ADA (Australian Defence Apparel) is a leading innovator of cutting-edge uniforms and personal equipment specialising in complex user requirements from design to distribution. As an integrated uniform solutions provider, ADA have long been providing expert assistance in a variety of industries across Australia and New Zealand.
ADA New Zealand (ADANZ) is a new subsidiary of ADA and recently secured the NZDF Wearables Supply and Managed Services contract.
The position of the Warehouse Supervisor is a key position within the Operations Team and reports to the NZ Operations Manager.
- Effective management of warehouse operations
- Adhere to OH&S and environment procedures
- Ensuring stock accuracy
- Data integrity of information
- Internal procedures are administered and followed
- Control of forklift truck management to ensure full operational capacity
- People management of the team of 3 within the Operations Team
- Maintain training and develop of warehouse staff
- Liaise with key internal partners to ensure product is up to date with agreed delivery dates
- Process Improvements are identified, recommended and implemented
- Monitor and review operational methods for continuous service
Key competencies we are looking for in the Warehouse Supervisor is to possess the ability to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilising appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction.
ADANZ’s Ideal Candidate
- Hold at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Solid knowledge of New Zealand OH&S procedures and principles
- Experience of operating in a supervisory capacity within a fast paced, highly pressurised warehouse and distribution environment
- Good IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced MS Office Suite
- Experience in ERP systems
- Ability to sustain and develop team working and team-based problem solving
- High level of personal resourcefulness
- Effective time management skills
- Hold a current forklift licence & OSH certificate.
Related industry knowledge is preferred along with someone who has experience with automated warehouse systems.
This is an exciting time for ADANZ and the Manawatu and if you feel you have the necessary skill set and background we are looking for, apply in the first instance.
The recruitment for this role is being managed by PN Personnel. For more information, please feel free to contact Christine Hanning on 06 280 2400.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role
Constantly providing an exceptional level of service and professionalism in all aspects of her work, Christine takes a genuine interest in whom she works with and is committed to achieving success.
Give Christine a call to discuss options around what you want to achieve in your career and she will endeavour to achieve that 'win-win solution' that's right for you.