Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Thursday, 16 May | Type : Permanent + Full-time
If you are an experienced truck driver with the ability to train others, look no further!
Higgins Family Holdings Limited is a leading and well recognised business and have an opportunity for a Driver Assessor/Trainer to join their team.
Within this role you will support the plant managers to maintain, improve and monitor driver performance within its concrete and aggregate businesses, including being responsible for assessing and mentoring drivers for safe heavy vehicle operations. These assessments will relate to both on and off road operational environments and there is a requirement for some travel within New Zealand to various company locations.
Experience and skills required:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in long haul/service delivery driving
- Experience in training and assessing other drivers
- A clean driver’s licence in classes 1 – 5 along with a wheels and tracks endorsement
- Understanding of the New Zealand heavy vehicle regulations and be familiar with Health and Safety requirements
- Ideally hold the NZQA Unit Standard 4098
- Experience in managing and maintaining records associated with assessment scheduling and completion.
As part of the recruitment process, shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a practical driving test. Applicants must be willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and a medical check.
If you have the experience listed above and are eligible to work in New Zealand, we welcome your application.
To Apply for this position, we require an up to date CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience. Please note, only applicants meeting the above criteria will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
All applications will be managed by Nicola Burton-Stroud from PN Personnel.