Location : Trades | Listed : Monday, 05 November | Type : Permanent + Full-time
This is a fantastic opportunity within a down to earth, locally owned and operated automotive parts and service company for an experienced Parts Manager. If you're looking for a full-time position with variety and the opportunity to add value, then please read on...
About the Company:
Autokraft 4 x 4 Ltd is a Palmerston North owned and operated automotive parts and service company specialising in the fields of 4x4, Light Commercial Vehicles and Vehicle Servicing. Located on Tremaine Avenue in a newly refurbished office, they offer a friendly and inclusive working environment.
About the Role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a full time permanent Parts Manager to come on board and not only run the parts side - but also become a key member of the team with the opportunity to work across all areas of the business. The role is hands on, so you must be happy to roll up your sleeves and do some heavy lifting when required.
This is a salaried position and the hours are around 45-50 per week with the occasional trip away for shows (ie Field Days). You will be dealing with corporate customers, agents, smaller businesses right down to individual customers after bespoke modifications specific to their needs. Your knowledge of motor vehicle parts, specifically 4x4’s will be key to success in this position so ideally you will come from an automotive background - or you may have a keen interest in 4x4's outside of work. For the right person, training can be offered, however you will need to be of a strong automotive parts/technical minded nature.
- Delivering first class service to all customers
- Ordering of parts
- Inventory and stock control
- Unloading/despatching deliveries
- Managing warranties
- Quoting and follow ups
- Dealing with face to face/phone and email enquiries
Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience within an Automotive Parts role
- Knowledge of inventory management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Excellent attention to detail (this will be assessed)
- Friendly and welcoming phone manor
- Desire to deliver exceptional service
- A strong work ethic and enthusiasm
- IT savvy with good problem-solving skills
- Forklift licence (preferred)
If you have the experience listed above and are eligible to work in New Zealand, we welcome your application.
To Apply for this position, we require an up to date CV and a Cover Letter outlining your skills and experience. Please note, only applicants meeting the above criteria will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
All applications will be managed by Robyn Bills from Palmerston North Personnel.