Your opportunity to create, lead and deliver the talent and skills strategy for Manawatu, to support the attraction, development and retention of talent in the region.
The team at CEDA are a passionate group of people, driven to grow and develop the region. Their vision for the region: by 2025 Manawatu will be New Zealand’s most progressive region. Where great minds, future focused businesses and diverse cultures come together to grow the prosperity of, and deliver for, its communities, New Zealand and beyond.
This is a brand-new role reporting directly to the Chief Executive and has been created to ensure the region is optimally positioned to attract, retain and develop the talent required for the future growth across the region. You will be leading the development of the strategy to achieve this, and will deliver on initiatives and programmes that build a resilient regional talent pipeline to support future industry and economic growth along with fostering education sector strategies, including international education.
Some of the Key Responsibilities:
- Labour market development – analyse the regional skill gap and lead the development of a strategy and action plan to address this
- Talent and skills attraction and retention – develop strategies and actions plans to manage this while leading the direction of these
- Develop and manage the regional international education sector strategy, focusing on the student experience, marketing the regional as an international study destination of choice, and employability
- Relationship management and development– with key stakeholders, regional partners, and central government agencies
- A senior member of the CEDA management team while managing relevant staff including coaching and performance management if required
What we are looking for in you:
- 5 years’ experience in senior roles within the education sector and the ability to step into the CEO role as/if required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or similar, or equivalent previous experience
- Experience in labour market analysis and data analysis
- Experience in strategies to attract, retain, develop and implement talent and skills
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
If you are a great communicator, team player, have a positive and enthusiastic approach AND have the above skills and experience, then please Apply now with a Cover Letter and CV.
Enquires can be directed to Robyn Bills – Recruitment Specialist, PN Personnel.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role