Fantastic opportunity to build and maintain a high performing team, implement process improvement and deliver value to customers.
Norwood enables New Zealand’s farmers and land-based industries to build a better future for themselves and New Zealand – they call this: Better Farming Better Future.
With 27 locations across New Zealand and a 400 strong team they distribute, sell and support world class land-based machinery and equipment. Norwood have a ‘One Norwood’ approach that drives them to continuously improve and optimise how they work together to deliver value to their customers.
We are looking for a Support Team Manager to join the Norwood Palmerston North team. You will pay a critical role to ensure the office operates smoothly, efficiently and professionally. We are looking for someone that can hit the ground running and is ready to take on a challenge.
You will be managing a team of five so your proven leadership experience will be essential. You will be resilient and used to managing change, able to think of solutions and improve processes.
- Ensure friendly, professional and efficient service to all customers and visitors
- Manage the Executive Assistance and Administrative services internally
- Overall office management including budgets and office equipment
- Oversight of all office related purchasing and supplies
- Facilities management (of Palmerston North Head office)
- Systems and process improvement, identifying best practice/new practice
- Staff training/coaching and performance management
- Take the lead with continuous improvement to create a supportive and motivating environment
You will work closely with the senior management team and work within the One Norwood Strategy collaboratively across the Norwood network to achieve strategic goals.
What we are looking for in you:
- Strong administration team leadership background within a large organisation
- Experience in systems improvement and implementation
- Advanced interpersonal skills and the ability to remain calm, professional and pragmatic under pressure
- Exceptional formal and informal written communication skills
- Report writing and presentation/business case skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS office
- Proven track record of building and managing a busy, high performing team
- Experience and enthusiasm to build partnerships and work collaboratively as part of a team
- A drive for ongoing professional and personal growth.
Norwood are wanting a bold and collaborative person who can help the wider business achieve their future goals. If you are the person that can make this happen, then we want to hear from you.
Applications are now open and will be reviewed as they are received, please submit your up to date CV and cover letter letting me know why you think you have what it takes to become part of the Norwood team.
For more information you can call Robyn Bills on 06 2802401 for a confidential conversation.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role