We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Finance Team at Toyota New Zealands Head office.
With an attractive salary and benefits package on offer for the successful candidate, this is an opportunity to work for a globally recognised brand and take your career to the next level.
Toyota New Zealand is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan and in 2019 celebrated 32 years of vehicle market leadership in New Zealand. Toyota New Zealand constantly strives to deliver customer satisfaction and continually transform themselves to meet their customer's needs and styles, passions and dreams.
From the moment you enter Toyota - you will notice a difference! They back their people to do extraordinary things and believe that if you can dream it, you can do it! Toyota look for people with special characteristics - drive, commitment, decision making, resilience, values and ethics and tons of initiative are just some of the attributes that are valued. And if you have a desire to contribute and learn – they love that too!
Based at Head Office in Palmerston North we are looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Finance Team. With an attractive salary and benefits package on offer for the successful candidate this is an opportunity to work for a globally recognised brand and take your career to the next level.
This role reports directly to the Manager of Finance and Planning and shares the responsibility of running the accounting and financial activities of the organisation. We are looking for someone that is driven by a passion for delivering high quality results, is responsive and supportive of their teammates with the ability to coach and enable them. Your confidence and excellent communication skills along with attention to detail will be needed to help the wider business achieve their future goals.
An overview of the key responsibilities:
- Preparation of financial reports for senior management including Board reports
- Provide in-depth advice and support to management on all finance related matters
- Supporting the management of the month end reporting process
- Assisting with budget planning and forecasting
- Preparation of the full year statutory financial statements
- All facets of financial/management accounting
- Taxation compliance
What we are looking for in you:
- CA qualified with 5+ years commercial experience
- Team leadership/management experience
- JDE experience (advantageous)
- A team player and a self-starter who is results driven with a focus on continuous improvement
- Excellent at interpreting data and offering a clear understanding and insight into future activity
- Skilful in problem solving and solution finding
- Exceptional time management skills
If you have previous team leadership or management experience within a finance role, have the ability to provide problem resolution and have a ‘can do’ attitude, then we want to hear from you!
Applications are now open and will be reviewed as they are received, please submit your up to date CV and cover letter letting me know why you think you have what it takes to become part of the team at Toyota New Zealand.
For more information you can call Robyn Bills on 06 280 2401 for a confidential conversation.
Applications close 18 September 2020
Find out more about the fantastic Manawatu region at the links below:
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role