Location : Sales & Marketing | Listed : Friday, 19 July | Type : Permanent + Full-time
We are looking for a talented and experienced events strategist to create, lead and deliver sector related events in the Manawatu, and bring conferences to the region.
This role is exciting and unique - could this be your next challenge?
The team at CEDA are a passionate group of people, driven to grow and develop the region. Their vision for the region: by 2025 Manawatu will be New Zealand’s most progressive region. Where great minds, future focused businesses and diverse cultures come together to grow the prosperity of, and deliver for, its communities, New Zealand and beyond.
We are looking for a talented and experienced events strategist to join the enthusiastic, passionate team at CEDA. This role has been newly created and reports to the Business Development manager. The Sector and Business Events Senior is responsible for leading, designing and implementing strategy that supports the development of areas of strength in the Manawatu, through the attraction of business conferences and events to the region, as well as delivering sector development events such as NZ Agri food week. What is the goal? To position the Manawatu on the national and international stage in alignment with CEDAs annual Statement of Intent.
Some of the Key Responsibilities:
- Strategy and planning of CEDA sector development events and conference attraction strategy
- Securing sponsorship and funding
- Implementation of individual sector development plans
- Delivering CEDA led sector specific events
- Targeting, bidding for and securing sector events/conferences
- Marketing and communications around events/conferences
- Building positive relationships with stakeholders
What we are looking for in you:
- Extensive experience in events management
- Relevant event qualification
- Experience in sourcing sponsorship or funding
- Experience in developing event strategies and plans
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to sell ideas and concepts
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Show positivity and enthusiasm and strong interpersonal skills
If you have event delivery experience and want to take this to the next level with a strategic approach to growth, leveraging on every opportunity, AND have the above skills and experience, then please Apply now.
Applications close on the 4th of August 2019.
Enquires can be directed to Robyn Bills or Nicola Burton-Stroud– Recruitment Specialists, PN Personnel