Based in Whanganui, Pacific Helmets (NZ) Ltd are seeking a dynamic and motivated Sales Development Manager, offering huge potential.
Pacific Helmets (NZ) Ltd is a family-owned business proud to offer sustained working opportunities in Whanganui for over 35 years. We specialise in the development, design and manufacturing of safety helmets to international safety standards for clients all over the world.
The Sales Development Manager plays a critical and key part in the business and will be responsible for communicating with key clients and offering them not only existing products but developing opportunities for new areas of growth and being a company your clients will want to partner with.
Being able to offer innovative growth strategies will be a key element in this role, therefore you will have acute researching abilities, offering business growth through viable revenue streams across all trends.
You will have excellent relationship skills and be able to listen and understand what our clients not only want but need and be able to create best outcomes for all.
Primary responsibilities within this exciting and innovative role will be to lead a great sales development business unit to achieve targets set and represent the company in a professional manner internationally and locally.
Some of the key influencing duties within this role are listed below, but not limited to:
- Actively manage distributor networks & develop strong relationships
- Lead all marketing activities and brand management
- Conduct research to identify new business opportunities
- Develop pricing strategies by market, distributor and product ranges
- Lead all trade show activities
- Sales forecasting and planning
- Lead all tendering / quoting activities to ensure best outcome
- Develop and implement market strategies for new product
Skills and experience
We are looking for a highly successful Sales Development Manager who has a huge passion for building relationships and being able to offer outstanding deliverance in all facets of their role.
We are looking for someone who has a Tertiary qualification in either Marketing or Management to complement this position.
You will have a strong strategic mind set and excellent planning skills, along with the following:
- Articulate and able to engage in high-level and technical conversations
- Proven experience in identifying new business opportunities
- Confidence at all levels of the sales process, from beginning to close
- Driven and motivated
- Able to challenge, innovate and follow through
- Leadership and people management skills
- Knowledge and experience using a CRM system
- Able to work outside normal hours, when required, to deal with distributors in different time zones
- Able to travel international for 2–3 week periods multiple times a year
Should you have a technical background in manufacturing this would be an advantage.
If you feel you have the skill set and background we are seeking, please forward your cover letter and resume without delay.
The recruitment for this role is being managed by PN Personnel. For more information, please feel free to contact Christine Hanning on 06 280 2400.
Please note, a pre-employment drug screening test may be required as part of the recruitment process. You must also be eligible to legally work in New Zealand.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role
Constantly providing an exceptional level of service and professionalism in all aspects of her work, Christine takes a genuine interest in whom she works with and is committed to achieving success.
Give Christine a call to discuss options around what you want to achieve in your career and she will endeavour to achieve that 'win-win solution' that's right for you.