Are you a Quantity Surveyor who wants an opportunity to work on diverse, complex and large projects in the commercial and civil space?
Semtex are master plumbers & drainlayers and are proudly locally owned and operated in Palmerston North. Matthew & Hayley Nieper established the company in 2015 on firm foundations of innovation & superior service.
“It’s the people that make the difference” say Matthew & Hayley and that is why they have built their business to a team of over 35 employees who are all experts in their chosen fields and have well over 200 years of combined industry experience.
Semtex specialise in commercial & civil project contracting and they are committed to always completing projects safely, on time, on budget while striving to exceed expectations.
About this Role
Joining the team at Semtex as their Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for ensuring all estimating and pricing, scope of work, preparation and submitting to project tenders are completed on time, accurately and within projected budgets. Along with your proven New Zealand experience as a Quantity Surveyor, you will also have a knack for relationship management as Semtex seek to develop long term relationships with clients that focus on providing results that exceed expectations. Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of tenders, project pricing
- Regular site visits
- Oversee all contract agreements
- Work closely with contractors to ensure each tender reaches desired outcomes
- Manage all job variations
- Develop, network, and build relationships with prospective clients
- Assess and identify cost saving product and design options
The qualities and skills required:
- New Zealand experience working as a Quantity Surveyor
- Sound working knowledge of relevant contracts, standards and legislation including 3910, 3916 and 3917 Construction Contracts Act.
- Contract and tender experience
- Experience in construction/plumbing/civil
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Have high accuracy and attention to detail
- Be self-motivated and results driven
- Have excellent organisation skills and a confident communicator
The final remuneration package will reflect the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate and will include a vehicle, mobile phone, laptop, and opportunities for professional development.
Click Apply and include your CV and a covering letter clearly aligning your skills and experience to this role. The recruitment for this role is being managed by PN Personnel. For more information, please feel free to contact Cushla Brasell on 06 280 2402.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role
Cushla effortlessly tackles our fast paced industry with her pro-active nature. She is dedicated to delivering Temporary and Permanent recruitment solutions every time and is committed to understanding your expectations to ensure the right fit.
Cushla always has a positive upbeat attitude and is never too busy to hear from you, so call her today for a confidential chat.