Based in Whanganui, Pacific Helmets (NZ) Ltd are seeking a highly competent Purchasing & Procurement Coordinator, offering a rewarding career.
Pacific Helmets (NZ) Ltd is family owned business proud to offer sustained working opportunities in Whanganui for over 35 years. We specialise in the development, design and manufacture of safety helmets to international safety standards for clients all over the world.
As the Purchasing and Procurement Coordinator you will be responsible for sourcing and ordering goods and managing suppliers to ensure safe and continuous production. One of the main goals is to ensure that sourced materials meet stringent quality standards and inventory levels are maintained.
Duties will include:
You will be responsible for ensuring timely deliveries and resolving any supply issues or discrepancies. PHNZ supply safety products and as such must acquire materials that meet stringent quality standards locally and globally.
- Coordinate procurement of materials, equipment, supplies and services
- Negotiating terms and evaluating supplier performance
- Maintain inventory levels to service the needs of production
- Forward forecasting and financial analysis
- Calculating, raising, managing and reconciling purchase orders
- Continuous improvement of purchasing systems and reporting
- Purchasing system maintenance including re-order levels and minimum quantities
- Sourcing new suppliers
Skills and experience:
In order to be successful for this position, we are looking for a great all-rounder, someone that takes pride in what they do and enjoys being 'on the ball'. A background in manufacturing will be ideal and further requirements will include
- Highly developed analytical skills and communication skills
- International procurement and purchasing experience preferred
- Have the ability to form relationships with vendors, clients and our internal teams
If you feel you have the skill set and background we are seeking, please forward your cover letter and resume without delay.
Please note, a pre-employment drug screening test may be required as part of the recruitment process. You must also be eligible to legally work in New Zealand.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role
Constantly providing an exceptional level of service and professionalism in all aspects of her work, Christine takes a genuine interest in whom she works with and is committed to achieving success.
Give Christine a call to discuss options around what you want to achieve in your career and she will endeavour to achieve that 'win-win solution' that's right for you.