Awatapu College is seeking a suitably qualified person to provide highly efficient and effective secretarial support to the Principal and Senior Management Team, with an emphasis on attention to detail, completion of tasks within the time allocation, loyalty and confidentiality.
This is a one year fixed term opportunity with the hours being 40 hours per week, term time only with an additional two weeks required, one prior to commencement of Term One and the second week negotiable as needed.
You will need to be able to offer flexibility with additional hours as this role also assists the Principal in his role as Chief Executive Officer to the Board of Trustees where the Personal Assistant is required to attend the monthly Board meetings as the minute secretary, hours being outside of normal business hours.
The successful candidate will:
- Have advanced computer literacy skills, with specific knowledge in current versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Adobe, Gmail, Google Docs, SMS and web design
- Pro-actively seek out and willingly accept new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
- Use their initiative to forecast needs and requests
- Have the ability to work under pressure to meet specified deadlines and to delegate tasks as deemed necessary
- Work effectively and efficiently in a variety of circumstances with the ability to respond to changes in work settings and tasks, often at short notice
- Maintain a professional can-do attitude at all times
- Work productively both independently and in a team environment
- Respond to difficult situations in a cooperative manner and complete tasks accordingly
- Demonstrate a high level of personal presentation, integrity, loyalty, energy and enthusiasm
- Be flexible concerning hours of work and allocation of extra duties
- Have excellent organisation skills, record keeping and strong memory recall
- Show a willingness to pursue opportunities for professional development
This is a very detailed and unique opportunity and we welcome applicants who believe they have the expertise and dedication for this position.
This role will be commencing around the 22nd June, therefore please Apply in the first instance by attaching your CV and a covering letter as to why you believe you would be the suitable applicant.
Please note the close off date for all applications will be Monday, 25th May 2020.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role
Constantly providing an exceptional level of service and professionalism in all aspects of her work, Christine takes a genuine interest in whom she works with and is committed to achieving success.
Give Christine a call to discuss options around what you want to achieve in your career and she will endeavour to achieve that 'win-win solution' that's right for you.