We are looking for a People and Capability Manager to join the team at the Norwood Support Office. You will take the lead developing capability, leadership, and development programmes across the wider organisation.
Norwood enables New Zealand’s farmers and land-based industries to build a better future for themselves and New Zealand – they call this: Better Farming Better Future.
With 27 locations across New Zealand and a 400 strong team Norwood distribute, sell and support world class land-based machinery and equipment. Norwood have a ‘One Norwood’ approach that drives them to continuously improve and optimise how they work together to deliver value to their customers.
We are looking for a People and Capability Manager to join the team at the Norwood Support Office. Reporting to the Executive Leader Team Norwood Support and working closely with the senior leadership team, you will take the lead developing capability, leadership, and development programmes across the wider organisation. You will also be leading and steering the people and capability team. You will be someone that is responsive and supportive of your colleagues, with great communication and relationship management skills.
- Establish and maintain a fit for purpose people and capability framework, including policies, processes, systems, information management and reporting including:
- Employee resourcing including employment brand, attraction, resource planning and talent pipeline
- Employee relations including terms and conditions, remuneration, reward and recognition, employee involvement and payroll management
- Employee development, performance management, learning and development, succession planning, leadership development and employee lifecycle management.
- Take the lead in organisational and people development – bring your knowledge and experience of key factors and support required across an organisation to grow people and get the best from them
- Influence the workplace culture by planning and progressive improvement of the work environment
- Enhance the Norwood proficiency in people management – through your leadership and expertise and by building understanding and capability to maximise organisational performance
- Lead the People and Capability Team – create a supportive and motivating environment to enable staff to deliver exceptional customer service and HR advice
- Managing operational performance – maximise quality, efficiency, and safety by continually improving systems and processes
What we will be looking for in you:
Norwood are wanting a bold and collaborative person who can help the wider business achieve their future goals. You will have experience not only creating optimal people and capability practices that bring the best out in people, but also implementing these and rolling them out across an organisation. A relevant tertiary qualification (HR or equivalent) would be an advantage, and you will need to be fully up to date with New Zealand Employment Legislation.
Most importantly we are looking for someone with the ability to think strategically, plan and influence. There will be times when you have to roll your sleeves up and get things done, so you will need to be someone that has strong organisational skills and has the ability to multi-task and be flexible.
If you are a person that is action orientated as well as results focused, then we want to hear from you. Applications are now open and will be reviewed as they are received, please submit your up to date CV and cover letter letting me know why you think you have what it takes lead the Norwood People and Capability Team.
Applications Close Wednesday 23rd September 2020
For more information you can call Robyn Bills on 06 2802401 for a confidential conversation.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role