Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Friday, 23 March | Type : Temporary + Part-time
- 25 hours per week
- Starting immediately
- Would suit a trade experienced person
Awatapu College is looking for a hands-on Caretaker, starting at 7.15am and working through to 12.45pm, including 30 minutes lunch. You will be kept busy with a range of regular duties that have to be done prior to the College opening and during the day.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Unlocking the gates and doors each morning
- Turning on the lights and heating systems in classrooms and school buildings
- Preparing facilities ready for staff and students
- Undertaking maintenance work and ordering appropriate stock supplies
- Using machinery such as tractors and lawn mowers as well as maintaining tools and equipment
- Liaising with cleaning staff, contractors and service providers as required
We are looking for someone who brings with them a positive and responsible approach, who will demonstrate reliability, punctuality, trustworthiness, attention to detail and professionalism.
You will need to be conscientious and be a logical thinker.
You will need to pass the Pre-Employment Checks for education environments e.g. police, drug and alcohol checks as well as hold a clean full drivers licence.
Duties of this role also include using a PC and mobile phone where you will be checking and responding to emails promptly and managing an electronic diary.
This is a temporary position for immediate commencement and for the right person, could lead to a part time permanent role.
Should this be the opportunity you are looking for, please submit your updated CV and Christine Hanning will be in contact with you to discuss the role more in-depth.