Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Thursday, 29 March | Type : Permanent + Full-time
As the Marketing Senior - Events and Tourism you will be responsible for assisting with the marketing of key Regional Events and Visitor Sector marketing for the Palmerston North City and Manawatu. You will also be implementing CEDA's marketing strategies and programmes that contribute to the development and growth of the region's economy. Your brief is to make Manawatu the 8th day in the tourist journey through New Zealand.
The team at the Central Economic Development Agency have the best job in the world; they are on a mission to make our region the very best it can be! Every day they are focused on driving and facilitating the creation and growth of economic wealth in Manawatu and beyond. So, if you want your career to have real purpose, and you’re committed to using your expertise to make a difference then look no further, this could be the opportunity you’ve been searching for.
What you need to know about the organisation:
CEDA is jointly owned and funded by the Manawatu District Council and Palmerston North City Council. CEDA has an independent board with years of governance and industry experience who are fully committed to driving positive business, social and environmental outcomes for the region.
The CEDA team are a passionate group of people with expertise in marketing, communications, events, and business attraction, retention and development. Collectively, they are the enablers, the connectors and the doers; leading the economic development of the region we call home.
Your key areas of responsibility will be:
Assisting with the marketing of the Palmerston North City and Manawatu through implementation of the regional identity to key visitor markets.
- Providing input into the CEDA marketing strategy and annual marketing plans
- Executing marketing campaigns and programmes to support tourism and growth, including assisting with media liaison and digital media project support
- Identifying opportunities to leverage off key events, liaising with major event marketing personnel
- Collateral and content design for visitor sector marketing
- Coordination of trade events and expos and promotion of CEDA’s services to operators
- Develop packaged product for Trade, Media or online to support events or visitor sector growth
- Developing community awareness and support for CEDA
What we are looking for in you:
- Experience in marketing events (3-5 years)
- Knowledge of/or experience within the tourism industry
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and PowerPoint
- The ability to build and maintain strong professional networks and relationships
- Strong personal integrity and a high level of professionalism
- Positive contribution to the CEDA objectives and team environment
- Good knowledge of Manawatu
And in return? We’ll support you to be the best you can be, we’ll encourage your creativity and radical thinking, and surround you with passionate people all aiming to achieve amazing things for the region. What are you waiting for?
Apply online with your updated CV and a Cover Letter. All applications will be confidentially managed by Robyn Bills from Palmerston North Personnel.