Location : Palmerston North | Listed : Thursday, 17 May | Type : Permanent + Full-time
Are you a high-flying Accountant wanting to land your next career defining role?
Fasten your seat belt and get ready to take off. The close dynamic team at Palmerston North Airport are looking for their next high-flying Accountant to join the team. This is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your natural abilities with technical financial accounting and develop skills in other areas to complement your business acumen.
Join the team and board the flight as they are taking off on a runway of growth. Playing a pivotal part in the successful growth of the Palmerston North Airport, you will join a small team who are experts in their field and can help you build your career. CA or ACA is an absolute must, as the role has a high level of accountability, reporting to the CEO. As a member of the senior management team with company secretarial duties, you will be responsible for the preparation of monthly board reports and attendance at board meetings.
As the Financial Accountant you will be responsible for the management of effective financial accounting, management reporting, administrative procedures and policies. This role brings together effective financial, treasury, taxation and cash flow management. Important aspects of the role also include risk management, audit and compliance. Working closely with the senior managers on a day to day basis, you will work towards the success of the company’s strategic goals and objectives.
Duties & Experience
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ financial accounting experience in the private sector
- Multimillion dollar asset management
- Financial reporting to the board
- Experience with implementing accounting software
- Management of all financial accounting aspects
- Experience in managing the audited financial year end process and production of an Annual Report
- Ability to be a problem solver and think on your feet
- Be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Be a team player
- Be prepared to assist all team members as required
- Have a strong technical nous
- Fun and energetic
- Strong planning and time management
- Highly competent using Excel (workbooks, macros etc)
If this is you, grab your boarding pass, lock in your flight plan, take the controls, and Apply now, or if you would like a confidential chat with Cushla Brasell from Palmerston North Personnel, please call her on 06 280 2402.