Location : Palmerston North | Listed : Tuesday, 24 April | Type : Permanent + Full-time
The team at CEDA have the best job in the world; they're on a mission to make our region the very best it can be! Every day they are focused on driving and facilitating the creation and growth of sustainable economic prosperity in the Manawatu and beyond. So, if you want your career to have real purpose, and you're committed to using your expertise to make a difference, then look no further, this could be the opportunity which you've been searching for.
What you need to know about the organisation:
Jointly owned and funded by the Manawatu District Council and the Palmerston North City Council. CEDA has an effective independent board with years of governance and industry experience, who are fully committed to driving positive business, social and environmental outcomes for the region.
The CEDA team are a passionate group of people with expertise in marketing, communications, events, and business attraction, retention and development. Collectively, they are the enablers, the connectors and the doers; leading the economic development of the region we call home.
About the Business Growth Advisor's position:
The Central Economic Development Team are tasked with delivering great outcomes for businesses in the wider Horizons region. As a Business Growth Advisor, you will manage a portfolio of businesses, provide sector leadership, and you will have the opportunity to understand where those businesses are now and where they want to be in the future. You will add value by connecting them with the tools/resources/expertise to knock down the barriers to getting there.
What we are looking for in you:
- Experience; you will have studied, been in business or worked with businesses, as you need to give robust advice based on genuine understanding.
- Motivation; this is a role where you can make a difference if you get out and do it! At times businesses don’t know that they need you or the tools/support you have on offer – so engaging with them and providing tailored advice will be key.
- Connectivity; the CEDA team is in Palmerston North and live, work and play in their local communities – your existing connections through the wider Horizons region will help you to hit the ground running.
- Engagement; you will be someone that engages with your audience – empathy, respect and trust will be in your DNA.
- Consultation; as Business Growth Advisor no two clients will be the same, so you will need to be fluent at quickly building rapport, understanding their wants and drive down to their core needs – yes this means you will ask tough questions, while earning your clients’ confidence and trust.
- Credibility; this will most likely come from your previous education or business ownership/management experiences.
This is an opportunity to achieve amazing things for regional businesses. If you have the above experience and are passionate about the Manawatu and all it has to offer, then click Apply to upload your Cover Letter and updated CV (in Word format). All applications will be managed by Robyn Bills from Palmerston North Personnel.