Location : Management | Listed : Thursday, 11 October | Type : Permanent + Full-time
This is a hands on team leadership role, you will not be desk bound but out there picking and packing with the team, motivating them and keeping the warehouse on track to achieve desired outcomes.
Like many Kiwi businesses Delfast began with a hardworking family, which had some very, very smart ideas.
A couple of decades later, they've flourished by supporting industries that are at our country's core; Rural, construction and manufacturing. From packing houses to beekeepers; home builders to landscapers and fencing contractors.
Delfast have not only created a staple product that changed fencing forever, but also a range of over 1000 product lines, ideally suited to New Zealand’s needs and the challenges of our climate.
Delfast is dedicated to client and staff relationships and partnerships that benefit everyone, and to building the best effortlessly.
As Warehouse Team Leader you will be hands on with your team. You won’t need a gym membership in this physical role, as you will be lifting up to 32kgs and packing and dispatching multiple parcels and pallets on a daily basis.
This is the opportunity to exert your leadership skills and add management to your CV. Previous management experience is not essential, experience working within a large warehouse will be regarded highly.
Snapshot of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Allocating daily tasks and overseeing warehouse objectives
- Keeping the warehouse operating smoothly
- Inwards and outwards freight management
- Picking and packing – pallets/parcels for daily dispatch
- Container unloading under MAF specifications
- Restocking and organisation of warehouse
- Continuous improvement, big picture thinking
Skills and Experience we require:
- Previous experience in warehouse environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Passionate, hands on worker
- Can do attitude with a focus on the ‘team’
- Computer literate with ERP systems and MS Office
- Fast and accurate data entry
If this opportunity sounds like you and you're keen to be a part of a growing NZ Brand, please Apply now by attaching your up to date CV and a brief Cover Letter explaining why you are the best person for this role.
Applications close Wednesday 24th of October 2018.