Location : Management | Listed : Friday, 12 April | Type : Permanent + Full-time
The Palmerston North i-SITE have an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to join and lead the team.
i-SITE NZ is the official visitor information network. There are over 80 i-SITE visitor centres around New Zealand. They provide international visitors, domestic travellers and locals with comprehensive, up-to date information and a NZ wide booking service for activities, attractions, accommodation and transport.
The Palmerston North i-SITE is also a booking centre for the buses and has a retail shop as well as providing all of the above services.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Customer Service/Retail Manager to join the team on full time basis. We are looking for someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a passion for customer service, travel and tourism and genuinely enjoys helping people.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Manager who is:
- Friendly and outgoing
- Passionate about customer service and has passion for the tourism industry
- Self-motivated, able to use initiative
- Experienced in managing teams
- Confident in managing budgets and financials
- Familiar with inventory and stock control
- Adaptable to new technologies, systems and facilities
- Familiar with the Heath & Safety at Work Act 2015
- Available to work outside of usual business hours including weekends (if required)
The duties of the i-SITE Manger include (but are not limited to):
- Giving customers/visitors the best service possible
- Being highly organised, able to prioritise
- Increasing income of the centre (via commissions, bookings, retail and advertising)
- Managing inventory and stock
- Manage the Health and Safety of the centre
- Assisting with recruitment
- Managing visitor consultants’ team
- Ongoing training and support of staff
- Weekly staff rosters
- Overall responsibility for finances (budgets/accounts)
What the i-SITE offers you:
- Opportunity to work in the travel and tourism industry locally
- On-going training and support
- A supportive, team culture
- Satisfaction knowing your helping make a difference to the region
To be considered for this role you must have a Bachelor’s degree in Tourism or similar, have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a marketing, retail or hospitality role (or similar) as well as management experience. Knowledge of the IBIS tourism reservation system would be an advantage.
If you have the relevant experience and are ready to take the next step in your career, Apply now or feel free to contact Robyn on 06 280 2401 for a confidential discussion.