Location : Management | Listed : Thursday, 22 August | Type : Permanent + Full-time
Experienced Assistant Supervisor (2IC) to join and help run the team responsible for all aspects of growing flower bulbs and other plant varieties.
About Fiesta Bulbs:
Located on the outskirts of Palmerston North, Fiesta Bulbs is a family owned and operated wholesaler of flower bulbs. They supply to the wholesale market such as Garden Centres, Councils, Landscapers and retail trading companies within New Zealand.
About the Role:
As an Assistant Supervisor you will be based at Fiesta Bulbs’ Kimbolton farm and be responsible for assisting with all tasks involved with harvesting, processing and grading of bulb and plant varieties. These tasks will involve the use of tractors and other farming equipment and requires a good level of physical fitness. As well as being hands on working on the farm you will be working closely with the Site Foreman to maintain a high level of productivity and have a general oversite of day to day operations and staffing requirements. The role involves an early start, with carpooling available from Feilding if required.
What we need from you:
- Experience in management of staff and workflow management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability think on your feet
- Experience with machinery operation in a farming environment is essential
- Reasonable level of physical fitness
- Reliable, hardworking and a positive can-do attitude
- Self-motived while working in a busy, positive environment
- Ability to commence work at 7.00am through to 4.30pm with flexibility when required.
The successful candidate for this position will be remunerated based on experience and performance.
Click Apply and include your CV showing your skills and experience or call Robyn Bills 06 280 2401 for a confidential chat.
You must be able to provide two recent references and be eligible to work in NZ.