Make a refreshing change working with a portfolio of syndicated land-based assets . An opportunity to shake off those 6-minute billing units and take a step up into a fast-paced exciting commercial environment.
MyFarm is nestled in NZ’s most beautiful town (Feilding). The MyFarm team achieve amazing things here in our Manawatu town. Check out our Website www.myfarm.co.nz.
Our focus is to provide investors with syndicated investment opportunities in diverse land based assets including horticulture (permanent crops) hop gardens, avocado orchards , manuka honey, dairy, sheep and beef, and rural commercial property. We handpick our investments for their potential to deliver above average returns to investors and apply our expertise as business managers to drive the best financial outcomes.
About the Management Accountant Position:
This is a role where you are not just reporting but are driving and influencing decisions between key stakeholders. For example, monthly meetings with business managers and stakeholders are planned and run by you as Management Accountant. To do this effectively you will need to be fluid with good accounting practice (know your numbers) and have the ability to build strong business relationships. This is a diverse role and more rewarding than compliance accounting.
The Lay of the Land....
- Financial management including reporting to our stakeholders
- Budgeting and regular reforecasting
- Cashflow management
- Annual Financial Statement preparation, insurance and banking requirements
Skills & Experience we are looking for:
Experience counts more than academic qualifications, we’d rather you can drive the tractor than own it.
- Previous management or financial accounting experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification (desirable)
- Agri/hort or primary sector experience highly desirable
- Knowledge and skills in accounting software (Xero, Figured, MS Excel)
- Relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and affinely to the primary sector is critical
This is your opportunity to move to a diverse and exciting role, fronting clients rather than back office accounting. We recommend applying now before the gate closes on this opportunity!
The recruitment of this role is being professionally managed by Robyn Bills from PN Personnel. To take the first step in your new career click Apply now, attach your CV (in word format) and attach your cover letter detailing your relevent experience. Applications close 4pm Monday 15th October 2018, however applications will be reviewed as they are received so don't delay!