With over $3.5b of investment coming to the Manawatu this role is a once in lifetime opportunity to use your commercial experience to unlock the true potential of our region.
We are strategically located, a global leader in agrifood and experiencing unprecendented levels of growth.
The team at CEDA are a passionate group of people, driven to grow and develop the region. Their vision for the region: by 2025 Manawatu will be New Zealand’s most progressive region. Where great minds, future focused businesses and diverse cultures come together to grow the prosperity of, and deliver for, its communities, New Zealand and beyond.
This is a brand-new role reporting directly to the Chief Executive and has been created to lead the attraction of domestic and foreign investment and business into Manawatu. Working closely with the CEDA management team, local and central government you will be executing the recently developed investment attraction strategy, focusing primarily on the regions agrifood and distribution and logistics sector; positioning Manawatu as a strategic location for domestic and international commercial investment.
Your previous experience in business development, business expansion and acquisition, or capital raising will ensure that you are confident to hit the ground running; holding and developing senior relationships within the commercial and government sectors, pitching to investors, and balancing the short -term opportunities with the long term transformational projects.
With over $3.5b of investment coming into Manawatu over the next 10 years, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to use your commercial experience to unlock the true potential of a region that is strategically located, is a global leader in agrifood, and is experiencing unprecedented levels of growth.
Some of the Key Responsibilities:
• Inward Investment Strategy – all facets involving implementation, development and review in association with key stakeholders, partners and CEDA staff
• Proactively identify and target investment and businesses that have alignment to the competitive and comparative advantages of the region
• Maintain, manage and lead the pipeline of work associated with national and international business and investment, and provide relevant reporting
• Communications and Relationship Management – build and maintain strong relationships with regional stakeholders, local and central government, and commercial organisations
• Be the regional spokesperson for investment in the region
• Be a senior member of the CEDA management team contributing to the strategic direction and management of the organisation
What we are looking for in you:
• 5 years’ experience working with business and investment attraction and the ability to step into the CEO role as/if required
• Bachelor’s degree in business or similar, or equivalent previous experience
• Demonstrated experience in, and networks within, the Primary Sector
• Highly developed negotiating skills with the ability to influence and work with decision makers
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate ideas and issues appropriately
• Strong integrity, a high level of professionalism along with a knack for strategic thinking and problem solving
If you are a great communicator, team player, have a positive and enthusiastic approach AND have the above skills and experience, then please Apply now with a cover letter and CV.
Enquires can be directed to Robyn Bills - Recruitment Specialist, PN Personnel.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role