Based in Whanganui, Pacific Helmets is looking for their next Research and Development Team Member.
Over the last 39 years Pacific Helmets (NZ) Ltd has established themselves as the world leader in safety helmet innovation. Award winning design excellence balanced with rapid commercialisation of concept has resulted in the largest range of structural fire and emergency helmet products of any manufacturer in the world.
Based in Whanganui, Pacific Helmets is committed to New Zealand and the New Zealand-based Research, Development and Manufacture of high-quality products.
A fantastic opportunity has become available to join their existing Research and Development Team in a full time permanent position.
What we are seeking is someone who has ideally had experience in the Industrial Design Platform, with a high level of skill using SolidWorks and CAD programmes.
You may have just finished your studies and been successful in various work placements within the industry, and be able to present an outstanding portfolio of your workmanship.
Using unique products for their customers, they make state of the art safety equipment to which specifications are evolving constantly. Being successful in this position, you will see the end to end process of the initial design to the finished product, which is supplied to not only New Zealand companies but to over 83 countries worldwide.
Working as part of an existing team, we are looking for someone who will be a sharer of information along with a listener and being a designer, you will have a flare of talent to contribute to the company.
What we are looking for:
- An Industrial Design qualification or equivalent
- A creative mind with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of materials, processes and the ability to research and investigate new ones
- An eye for good Design
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD software
- Good workshop and model making skills, and a hands-on approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in the R&D team and through the entire organization
- A passion for learning
- A background in physics and material sciences is a bonus
If you have the necessary experience and background that we are seeking, please Apply today attaching your CV and portfolio of workmanship for consideration.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role
Constantly providing an exceptional level of service and professionalism in all aspects of her work, Christine takes a genuine interest in whom she works with and is committed to achieving success.
Give Christine a call to discuss options around what you want to achieve in your career and she will endeavour to achieve that 'win-win solution' that's right for you.