Critical role partnering with Managers at Norwood to support them in delivering excellence.
Norwood has partnered with rural communities for over 70 years, and we’ve grown to be one of the best known names in New Zealand agriculture today.
We’re New Zealand’s leading supplier of a wide range of new and used farm machinery, we offer service and support to keep farmers moving, and we strive to provide industry leading solutions to help NZ farmers and growers take their premium produce to the world.
An opportunity has become available for an experienced HR generalist to join the People and Capability team as a HR Senior Partner at the Norwood Support Office.
The role is based in the Palmerston North office, however if you live out of town but are able to travel into the PN office 3 days per week this would be considered – some nationwide travel will also be required.
You will need to be driven by a passion for delivering to customers, be someone that is responsive and supportive of your teammates, with the ability to coach and enable them.
In this role you will play a critical part in working with Managers to influence and support them in leading their teams to deliver the exceptional customer service and operational excellence they pride themselves in.
- Deliver exceptional internal customer service by partnering with managers by providing in-depth advice on a broad range of employment relations matters, and job and organisation design
- Growing leadership excellence capabilities within Norwood by helping to create a supportive environment
- Providing coaching and mentoring to managers to further develop their leadership skills
- Maximising an exceptional employee experience throughout the employment lifecycle by helping to create innovative employee attraction, retention and engagement strategies
- Taking a lead role in ensuring change programmes are successful by working with leaders to help support staff through change whilst continuing to get the best out of their team
- Supporting and encouraging continuous change and improvement
This role requires building and maintaining a number of key relationships within the organisation:
- Within the People and Capability team working together to solve problems, identify risks and opportunities and providing guidance and support.
- With leaders and managers throughout the business where you will be educating and coaching on best practice, providing tools and ideas for excellent leadership and creating ideas for staff development.
What we are looking for in you:
- 5 + years of partnership style HR support experience
- Recognised Tertiary Qualification in HR or similar
- A business savvy approach and experience within a large/complex organisation
- Confidence and experience with performance improvement plans and disciplinary procedures
- Up to date knowledge of New Zealand employment legislation
- Experience and enthusiasm with taking a strategic approach to building partnerships and working collaboratively
- Clear thinking and ability to influence
- A passion for attracting and retaining exceptional employees
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- A drive for ongoing professional and personal growth
If you want to be part of the future of New Zealand’s ag industry and make things happen, then we’d love to hear from you!
To Apply for this position, we require an up-to-date CV and cover letter outlining your skills and experience. The recruitment for this role is being managed by PN Personnel. For more information, please feel free to contact Robyn on 06 280 2401.
Please note that applications will be reviewed and considered as they as they are received, so don’t delay in applying for this exciting role.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role