Are you an experienced Health and Safety Advisor looking for a role to sink your teeth into?
Norwood enables New Zealand’s farmers and land-based industries to build a better future for themselves and New Zealand – they call this: Better Farming Better Future.
With 27 locations across New Zealand and a 400 strong team Norwood distribute, sell and support world class land-based machinery and equipment. Norwood have a ‘One Norwood’ approach that drives them to continuously improve and optimise how they work together to deliver value to their customers.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join the team at the Norwood Support Office for a 12-month fixed term contract. You will need to be driven by a passion for, and expertise in, everything Health and Safety. You will be someone that is responsive and supportive of your colleagues, with great communication and relationship management skills.
There will be an element of training and development of staff involved in this role and therefore some nationwide travel will be required.
- Develop plans that align with the overall Health and Safety strategy.
- Provide nationwide support and advice on Health and Safety matters, creating awareness and capability.
- Create Health and Safety policies where required, update already existing polices, and initiate processes to facilitate Health and Safety procedures.
- Monitor Health and Safety practices and report on Health and Safety systems.
- Design and delivery of Health and Safety training and development.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with staff across Norwood, at all levels, collaborating, advocating and contributing as a member of the team.
What we are looking for in you:
- Solid experience working with New Zealand’s Health and Safety legislation.
- Experience in delivering nationwide Health and Safety initiatives preferred.
- Experience creating and implementing Health and Safety policy and processes.
- Experience within a large/complex organisation.
- Confidence working with people from all walks of life.
- Operational Health and Safety experience working with machinery and equipment would be an advantage.
- Experience and enthusiasm to build partnerships and work collaboratively as part of a team.
- A drive for ongoing professional and personal growth.
Norwood are wanting a bold and collaborative person who can help the wider business achieve their future goals. If you are the person that can make this happen, then we want to hear from you. Applications are now open and will be reviewed as they are received, please submit your up to date CV and cover letter letting me know why you think you have what it takes to become part of the Norwood team.
For more information you can call Robyn Bills on 06 280 2401 for a confidential conversation.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role