Are you an experienced Health and Safety Advisor looking for a role to sink your teeth into? Don't miss this opportunity to join the team at Norwood.
Norwood has partnered with rural communities for over 70 years, and we’ve grown to be one of the best-known names in New Zealand agriculture today.
We’re New Zealand’s leading supplier of a wide range of new and used farm machinery, we offer service and support to keep farmers moving, and we strive to provide industry leading solutions to help NZ farmers and growers take their premium produce to the world
We are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join the team for a 12-month fixed term contract (parental leave cover). You will need to be driven by a passion for, and expertise in, everything Health and Safety. You will be someone that is responsive and supportive of your colleagues, with great communication and relationships management skills.
There is an element of training and development of staff involved in this role and therefore some nationwide travel will be required.
• Independently conduct Health and Safety site audits
• Manage investigations and develop plans that align with the overall Health and Safety Framework
• Provide nationwide support and advice on Health and Safety matters, creating awareness and capability
• Create Health and Safety policies where required, update already existing policies, and initiate processes to facilitate Health and Safety procedures
• Monitor Health and Safety practices and report on Health and Safety systems
• Design and delivery of Health and Safety training and development
• Maintaining excellent relationships with staff across Norwood, at all levels, collaborating, advocating, and contributing as a member of the team.
What we are looking for in you:
• Solid experience working with New Zealand’s Health and Safety legislation
• Experience in delivering nationwide Health and Safety initiatives, conducting site visits and managing incident investigations
• Experience creating and implementing Health and Safety policy and processes
• Experience within a large/complex organisation
• Confidence working with people from all walks of life
• Operational Health and Safety experience working with machinery and equipment would be an advantage
• Experience and enthusiasm to build partnerships and work collaboratively as part of a team
• A drive for ongoing professional and personal growth
If you want to be part of the future of New Zealand’s ag industry and make things happen, then we’d love to hear from you!
Applications are now open and will be reviewed as they are received, please submit your up to date CV and cover letter letting me know why you think you have what it takes to become part of the Norwood team.
The recruitment for this role is being managed by PN Personnel. For more information, please feel free to contact Robyn Bills on 06 280 2401.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role