An opportunity to score a hole in one and join Manawatu Golf Club, a premier course in New Zealand based in Palmerston North as their General Manager.
Based in the picturesque suburb of Hokowhitu, Palmerston North, the Manawatu Golf Club (MGC) borders the city's Centennial Lagoon and the banks of the Manawatu River. With their current GM relocating up North closer to family, they are now looking for someone to take the helm and be responsible for the smooth operational running of their golf club.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Be responsible for day-to-day operations
- Preparation and implementation of strategic plans
- Financial management
- Lead, mentor and develop a high performing team
- Contract and project management
- Overall responsibility for the success of events
- Relationship management – MGC Committee, sponsors, members, contractors
Experience and personal attributes we are looking for:
- Financial, funding, governance, staff management and compliance experience
- Exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written
- An interest in golf is advantageous, but not essential
- Personable and adaptable
- A lead from the front, roll up your sleeves attitude
- A customer-centric, natural and confident relationship builder
If you want to drive your career, get out of the rough and take on a new opportunity in 2021 then don’t look past this. MGC’s vision is to support members’ golfing and social aspirations so you will play a pivotal part in providing a congenial and welcoming club atmosphere. You will also enjoy spending time at the 19th hole getting to know your members, team and the local Manawatu community.
Applications are now open, please submit your up-to-date CV and detail in your cover letter why you believe you should be the successful applicant for this General Manager role. Applications close on 28th February 2021 and the recruitment for this role is being managed by PN Personnel. For more information, please feel free to contact Cushla Brasell on 06 280 2402.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role
Cushla effortlessly tackles our fast paced industry with her pro-active nature. She is dedicated to delivering Temporary and Permanent recruitment solutions every time and is committed to understanding your expectations to ensure the right fit.
Cushla always has a positive upbeat attitude and is never too busy to hear from you, so call her today for a confidential chat.