Based at Toyota's Head Office in Palmerston North we are looking for a Financial Accountant to join the Finance Team. With an attractive salary and benefits package on offer for the successful candidate this is an opportunity to work for a globally recognised brand and take your career to the next level.
Toyota New Zealand is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC), Japan and in 2020 celebrated 33 years of vehicle market leadership in New Zealand. Toyota New Zealand constantly strives to deliver customer satisfaction and continually transform themselves to meet their customer's needs and styles, passions and dreams. From the moment you enter Toyota - you will notice a difference! They back their people to do extraordinary things and believe that if you can dream it, you can do it! At Toyota we look for people with special characteristics - drive, commitment, decision making, resilience, values, ethics and tons of initiative are just some of the attributes that we value. And if you have a desire to contribute and learn – we love that too!
Based at Head Office in Palmerston North we are looking for a Financial Accountant to join the Finance Team. With an attractive salary and benefits package on offer for the successful candidate this is an opportunity to work for a globally recognised brand and take your career to the next level.
This role reports directly to the Associate Manager, Finance and Planning and offers a lot of variety across three specific areas with plenty of development opportunities for the right candidate. In addition to financial accounting, the role is also involved in the annual budget setting process by working with business units in capturing their financial requirements as part of business plans. The treasury part of the role provides an opportunity to lead the funding and FX requirements for the business. We are looking for someone that is driven by a passion for delivering high quality results, is responsive and supportive of their teammates with the ability to coach and enable them. Your confidence and excellent communication skills along with attention to detail will be needed to help the wider business achieve their future goals.
An overview of the key responsibilities:
- Cash flow forecasting, managing relationships with our banking institutions and FX purchases
- Completion of month end reconciliations and reporting
- Reporting of financial information to TMC in Japan
- All facets of financial/management accounting including budgeting and variance analysis
- Provide in-depth advice and support to management on all finance related matters
- Taxation compliance
What we are looking for in you:
- CA qualified with 5+ years experience
- Treasury experience (advantageous)
- JDE experience (advantageous)
- A team player and a self-starter who is results driven with a focus on continuous improvement
- Excellent at interpreting data and offering a clear understanding and insight into future activity
- Skillful in problem solving and solution finding
- Exceptional time management skills
If you have the ability to provide problem resolution and have a ‘can do’ attitude, then we want to hear from you!
Applications are now open and will be reviewed as they are received, please submit your up-to-date CV and cover letter letting me know why you think you have what it takes to become part of the team at Toyota New Zealand.
The recruitment for this role is being managed by PN Personnel. For more information, please feel free to contact Robyn Bills on 06 280 2401.
Only applicants with New Zealand Citizenship or New Zealand Permanent Residency should apply.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role