We are looking for a someone to join the Finance Team at the Norwood Support office in Palmerston North for a fixed term of 6 months, starting the 17th of August 2020.
The role is a Finance Support position and requires experience in this area.
Norwood enables New Zealand’s farmers and land-based industries to build a better future for themselves and New Zealand – they call this: Better Farming Better Future.
With 27 locations across New Zealand and a 400 strong team they distribute, sell and support world class land-based machinery and equipment. Norwood have a ‘One Norwood’ approach that drives them to continuously improve and optimise how they work together to deliver value to their customers.
We are looking for a someone to join the Finance Team in a support role for a fixed term of 6 months. The role is based at the Norwood Support Office in Palmerston North. As the Finance Support person, you will provide regular review and follow up all debtor’s accounts to ensure payment is received on the due date. Accurate entering and checking of manual registers to ensure wholegoods invoices are paid on the due date. You will be liaising directly with finance companies regarding payments for wholegoods as well as the wholesale parts department and regularly reviewing the wholesale debtors ledger.
- Credit control – regular review and follow up of debtor accounts - daily checking and analysis of outstanding invoices
- Liaising with finance companies
- Referencing and entering of imported product onto shipping register
- Reconciliation of statements and arranging payments
- Entering accounts payable invoices
- Maintaining shipping register and spreadsheets
- Document management for shipments (customs etc)
This role requires building and maintaining a number of key relationships within the organisation:
- Working under the Treasury Accountant, to share information, suggest process improvements and identify and solve problems
- The wider Finance Team – developing professional relationships, sharing information and ideas and collaborating to solve problems and achieve goals
- Supporting the wider Norwood team
What we are looking for in you:
- A good knowledge of accounting principles
- Previous experience with debt collection processes
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to make decisions in an analytical and orderly fashion
- A customer focused attitude and great team player
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and a tertiary qualification in Commercial Accounting (would be an advantage)
Norwood are wanting a bold and collaborative person who can help the wider business achieve their future goals. If you are the person that can make this happen, then we want to hear from you.
Applications are now open, please submit your up to date CV and cover letter letting me know why you think you have what it takes to become part of the Norwood team.
Applications Close: 22nd June 2020