Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Monday, 12 February | Type : Permanent + Full-time
Based in Levin, this is a high-pressure and rewarding role. You must be dedicated, have outstanding customer service and initiative.
Based in Levin, Techlam are New Zealand's largest manufacturer of timber products and are 25 years young. They distribute their products locally and globally and have provided product for some substantial projects including the Wellington Airport, EIT and the Hobsonville Wharf in Auckland.
They are an incredibly hard-working and driven team. To fit in here you will need to be prepared to put in the hard yards.
This role requires someone who takes initiative, can work under pressure and can work autonomously without guidance. You'll be the face of Techlam dealing with customers on a regular basis, so strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build a rapport are non-negotiable. You'll also be working closely with the account and sales reps providing administrative support, writing up orders etc. Another crucial component of the role will be liaising with production, tracking where they are at with orders and dealing with the logistical side of getting orders to clients. The hours of work are 7am-5pm with 30 minutes for lunch.
Some of the Core Duties:
- Provide prompt, friendly, professional and quality service to Clients Administration support to Sales Manager and team
- Processing orders
- Ensure office/lunch room supplies are stocked
- Taking care of the mail, banking and filing
- Arranging freight for orders and keeping clients informed of where their order is
- Produce and follow up on quotes provided to clients
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Strong numerical ability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Bubbly and cheery personality
- Astuteness and bucket loads of initiative
How to Apply
Please include a Cover Letter demonstrating how your values and experience align with Techlam's core values which are the guiding principles that dictate their behavior and actions https://techlam.nz/about/core-values
Please note: Applications that do not include a Cover Letter answering this question will not be considered for the role.