Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Wednesday, 03 August | Type : Permanent + Full-time
An exciting opportunity for a confident person to join a dynamic team in a Whanganui based company that is internationally renowned.
About The Company
The mission of Pacific Helmets (NZ) Ltd is to provide innovative high quality safety helmets for all emergency services. We seek to achieve this through a process of continuous improvement and continued consultation with customers, whilst providing staff security in employment.
The company specialises in manufacturing and exporting safety helmet products to the exacting design and performance specifications of each customer. Pacific Helmets meets and frequently sets the highest possible international standards for technical safety performance. The Pacific range includes helmets compliant to all major standards throughout the world.
Whanganui offers an enviable quality of life – an environment that’s refreshing, attractive, easy to live in, and family-friendly. Whanganui has a vibrant arts scene and an attractive retail district and are also close to the sea, river and mountains. With a mild climate and the opportunity to enjoy many entertainment and recreational events Whanganui offers something for everyone.
About The Role
The Purchasing / Inventory Controller’s main objectives are to ensure the on time delivery of all raw materials required for production and that inventory is held at its optimum level. You will achieve this by:
- Forecasting and reporting of future purchasing requirements
- Data analysis, forecasting and reporting of future purchasing requirements and continuous improvement
- Liaise with relevant departments on forward planning of supplies, delivery dates and any adjustments or alterations to plans, product or equipment specifications
- Challenge existing operating methods and assist in the development and adoption of improved operating methods through training and personal action
- Analysis, planning and reporting on utilisation of slow moving stock, including rotational stock takes and variance reporting
Skills & Experience
- Previous purchasing experience with knowledge of trading with foreign companies
- A master problem solver, you will be an analytical thinker who is solution focused
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to manipulate and analyse data
- A thorough understanding of systems and the ability to audit and assess information
- An understanding of LEAN principles would be a bonus
- Confident with the skills to back it up
How To Apply
All applications must be submitted to Palmerston North Personnel. Please submit a copy of your CV and a detailed Cover Letter explaining your purchasing experience and how you can add value to the Pacific Helmets team.
Please do not apply for this role if you have done so previously.