Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Thursday, 08 March | Type : Permanent + Full-time
A key role with responsibility for the day to day management of all operational and safety activities within the Galvanizing and Fabrication Plants.
Webforge NZ has been in Palmerston North for 40+ years and are a specialist manufacturer of metal flooring and allied products to various national and international standards. Webforge are a major supplier of grating, handrail and galvanizing products and their work includes large-scale projects across New Zealand and Australia including Oil and Gas, Mining and Resources, Industrial and Commercial Construction sectors.
About the Production Managers Role:
This is a newly created position and is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Production Manager to join a growing business. This is a full-time Monday to Friday position. You will be working within the Galvanizing and Fabrication Plants to enable all supervisors to achieve customer requirements with regards to safety, quality, delivery and cost.
Description of the Role:
Reporting to the Site Manager, your key responsibilities include:
- Meet and exceed production, quality and safety targets
- Work with the Site Manager to develop and manage preventative plant maintenance
- Lead LEAN initiatives and drive continuous improvement
- Oversee the forecasting of labour requirements, provide recommendations for improvement
- Analyse productivity and take actions in order to improve performance
- Ensuring compliance with company Health and Safety, quality management and environmental systems
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 5 years manufacturing experience is essential, preferably with an engineering background
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven management experience
- Knowledge and experience of LEAN manufacturing principals
- Knowledge and experience of workplace Health and Safety and quality management systems
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate with strong attention to detail
- A decision maker and ability to tactfully stand your ground
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must pass a drug test and physical
If you believe you have the skills, knowledge and experience to take on this role then please Apply today!
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so don’t delay. Please submit your CV (in Word format) along with a Cover Letter.