Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Monday, 22 May | Type : Temporary + Part-time
Be the person that gets Awatapu College started for the day!
- Suits trade-friendly, positive role model
- Facilities maintenance orientation - from changing lightbulbs to handyman repairs
- Coordinate with education staff, cleaning staff and ground staff
About Awatapu College
Awatapu College is about educational excellence, taking students on a journey to self-worth and becoming motivated and responsible citizens.
It is a team of educators, administrators and support staff who are great role models for the students, and this opportunity requires someone who can also be a great example to others.
About the Opportunity
Awatapu College needs a caretaker to start the day by unlocking the locks, opening the gates and turning the facilities on. This is a position of responsibility and reliability, as all staff are role models for the students.
Starting at 7.15am and working through to 12.45pm (including 30 minutes lunch) you will be busy with a range of regular duties that have to be done. This is the kind of role that allows you to work in the morning and enjoy the afternoons fishing or spending time with your family. And, like the students, you will enjoy the holidays off.
- Unlocking the gates, opening the doors
- Turning on the lights and heaters
- Getting the facilities ready for staff and students AND checking for any maintenance, vandalism or other adhoc requirements
- Liaising with cleaning staff, ground staff, gardening contractors and others as required
- Maintaining tools and machinery as required e.g. greasing tractors and mowers
- A good role model for students during the day
About the Person
We are looking for a positive and responsible person who will demonstrate reliability, punctuality, trustworthiness and show enthusiasm. You will be assertive and be a logical thinker, as day-to-day matters do occur and it will be about how you deal with them that makes you efficient in your role.
Naturally you will pass Pre Employment Checks for education environments (e.g. police, drug and alcohol checks), and you will need to hold a full driver's licence.
You must be PC friendly, as you do need to check emails and manage an electronic diary (our online assessments will show you are PC comfortable).
This is a temporary opportunity starting ASAP. This is a great opportunity to prove yourself suitable for a part-time permanent role.
If you are ready to unlock a future at Awatapu College, click apply below and Christine will be in touch.