Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Friday, 06 October | Type : Permanent + Full-time
Palmerston North Personnel are delighted to be recruiting for an Operations Director for one of Manawatu’s newest Integrated Health Centres.
This is a newly created position and a fantastic opportunity for an experienced manager to take their career to the next level and ‘stand tall’. Located in state of the art premises, with a supportive team already in place.
About Kauri Healthcare:
Kauri Healthcare (KHC) is an Integrated Family Health Centre located in Palmerston North. It provides primary health care services and acts as a “Healthcare Home” for 20,000 patients. The new expansive premises were purpose built just over a year ago, and also contains specialists, physiotherapists, hearing services, a sleep clinic and a Health of the Older persons team.
The central goal is to take a functioning business to the next level, working with the motivated GP owners, board and staff to achieve their vision of a vibrant Health Centre that provides an excellent service to their clients, is a great place to work, connects to the local community and proactively expands the health services it offers.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Board, the Operations Director will work closely with the Clinical Director and will be accountable for strategic leadership and performance and the efficient management of KHC. They will provide organisational capability, accountability, oversight and support. You will be driving new projects and developing and implementing strategies for both the short and long-term plans for KHC.
A Snap Shot of the Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall accountability for productivity and service levels
- Drive first point resolutions concepts
- Ensure consistent agreed customer service processes and management practices
- Lead and implement KHC long and short-term plans in accordance with strategy
- Oversee all finance, human resource and admin aspects of the business
- Development of professional standards of practice and competence
- Leadership, support, coaching & development
- Performance management and improvement
- Develop relationships with other providers and organisations
Financial and Operational Management:
- Responsible for maintaining the financial health of KHC
- Manage preparation of monthly financial reports and annual budget
- Help develop new funding streams
- Work with Finance team leader on debt recovery strategies, cost analysis, investment
- Develop operational strategies through needs assessment, capacity planning, cost/benefit analysis
- Organise KHC to meet patient management best practice goals
IT System Management:
- Have a strong understanding of the technological and organisational needs of KHC
- Research and implementation of systems that can increase productivity/quality
- Design, develop, coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Auditing of systems
Internal & External Communications:
- Develop and implement an integrated communication strategy for KHC
- Manage external relationships to maximise opportunities
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Privacy Act & Health Information Privacy Code
- Ensure health and safety policies comply with current legislation
- Quality and Risk - ensure quality standards are maintained and improved
Skills and Experience Required - who are we looking for!
We are looking for an experienced manager with a proven history of successfully leading and inspiring others to achieve great things.
They will have a true passion for understanding the needs both patients and staff. Being able to look at the bigger picture and take a strategic approach will be key to succeeding in this role.
Some of the Key Criteria:
- Proven management and leadership experience of a large team in an operational position
- Experience in the healthcare sector
- Strong customer service and patient care focus
- Experience in planning and managing operational resources
- An in depth understanding of the financial and budgetary needs of a medium/large organisation
- IT Savvy
- Experienced in preparation of business reports and statistics
- Able to contextualise data and produce reports to the board
- Effective communicator across all levels
Kauri Heath Centre (KHC) is a newly created environment, encompassing the best of the best in the Primary healthcare. The team is established and extremely supportive, and passionate about what they do. They have some amazing innovative and progressive ideas, and just need your help to make them a reality. The great thing about KHC is that it’s still fresh there is real opportunity for you to add value and influence the long-term outcomes of where this organisation is heading.
An attractive package is available and will be tailored to suit the successful applicants background and experience.
If you are looking to become part of a forward thinking, progressive healthcare organisation with a vision for the future of healthcare, you have the pre-requisite experience and are able to drive this greenfield opportunity then please apply!
Please attach a Cover Letter and your up to date CV. All applications will be managed in the utmost confidence by Robyn Bills at Palmerston North Personnel.
Applications close 25 October 2017, however applications will be reviewed as they are received - so don’t delay.