Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Wednesday, 18 January | Type : Permanent + Full-time
- Awesome Kiwi-made products you can be proud of - let's share that story
- Iconic people in amazing places - let's share those shots
- Kiwi products worn around the world's coolest spots - there's a warm story in there
SWAZI Apparel is more than a clothing brand; it's a great story built on Kiwis helping active people stay warm in extreme conditions/when doing cool things! We are looking for someone who can help us tell great stories. If this stokes your fire, then read on...
SWAZI has been around for more than 20 years, operating out of our lifestyle-friendly HQ – Levin. It’s the front door to the Tararua ranges, and a stone’s throw from the Ruahine Ranges - the natural testing ground for rugged outdoor apparel.
SWAZI's products are worn every day as people venture onto the farm, into the outdoors or to the workplace. Needless to say, their products need to work well, look good and last. That’s what keeps their founder and designer Davey Hughes busy every day - see the video for more. Davey and the clan are passionate about designing and making the best outdoor apparel out there because it keeps people safe!
SWAZI use Kiwis to design, manufacture and supply quality clothing to NZ's outdoors people – including custom designs for speciality markets like helicopter pilots, front-line ambulance staff, and those going into some of the world’s most hostile locations. That’s why SWAZI is known as “The world’s most durable outdoor clothing”.
Now is a good time to view the video below and then read on!
This is an opportunity to work closely with Davey (and key staff) to drive marketing and communications, so ultimately Davey can focus on design and being SWAZI's brand ambassador/product research specialist.
We are tasked with finding a story-teller. You will build marketing resources for new products, product launches, promotions, events, and those unique situations where SWAZI connect in new ways with people. Graphic design and marketing will be tools you draw on daily as you design, proof and publish material for print, digital and events.
Sure, there will be planned marketing like new product launches, seasonal ranges, and marketing collateral for agents, retail chains and our awesome sales team. But we want more – we want a marketer who will see something happen, the marketing spark will flicker and they will say, “Hey let’s do this!”
What’s in your pack? YES – you’ll need a big pack
- Enthusiasm and passion for packaging stories/messages in new and compelling ways.
- Adobe skills – Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere.
- Web skills/initiative to drive e-commerce outcomes.
- Photo/video editing skills highly regarded.
- Great communication skills - written, oral and digital.You’ll own our online channels so your tone will need to resonate with our audience.
- Versatility – Adaptability – SWAZI-ness – You’ll know the destination but the path will change as you travel – be cool when it happens.
- Resilience – e.g: Sharee (GM) will have you doing planned activities, then Warwick (Sales Manager) needs a presentation today...oh and Davey’s on the phone with an idea you need to hear before he gets on the plane!
- Brand Protection – SWAZI are proud of their brand and you are here to strengthen and protect brand standards and brand awareness.
- Team Loyalty – SWAZI have an amazing team, local customers, international customers, distributors and clan members. You will enhance those relationships, building mutually beneficial relationships with all of these stakeholders, and providing resources that keep them part of the SWAZI clan through appropriate social, digital and print channels.
- Initiative – You are in the exciting position of being able to influence and implement cool things when unexpected events happen. Challenge the norm and add value through innovative marketing, communication and messaging.
- SWAZI people travel when needed so a clean driver licence, steady camera-hand, passport and window dressing skills would help if you end up on the stand at Mystery Creek or similar shows.
- An affinity with the outdoors and outdoors people will be highly regarded.
Plot the course for your Marketing career
Robyn Bills from Palmerston North Personnel is keen to hear your story. Package your CV with a well-crafted cover letter and links to some of your previous successes, stories or portfolio. Don’t forget to demonstrate that you have taken the time to understand who SWAZI are, and suggest where you will add value. CVs in MSWord format and any large graphics in PDF please.
Then click apply to submit your details.
WARNING: Palmerston North Personnel are after someone who will THRIVE not just survive.