Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Friday, 11 August | Type : Permanent + Full-time
A fantastic opportunity within an established, locally-owned company to develop, implement and maintain health and safety initiatives within the workplace.
About the Company/Organisation
Insulation Panel and Door Limited is the largest NZ-owned manufacturer of insulated panels and doors. They produce an innovative range of products for commercial and industrial buildings that require specialist climate-controlled or sterile-controlled facilities. Check out their portfolio at: http://www.longpanel.com/portfolio/
About the Role
This position will see you managing and coordinating the company’s health and safety policies and audit requirements. Your current knowledge and experience as a health and safety representative will be required for the efficient and effective implementation of the company’s health and safety systems, both internally and on the installation project sites.
A snapshot of the duties
- Implementing and developing systems to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
- Investigating and reporting all incidents, accidents or near misses in a timely manner
- Ensuring all relevant health and safety training is completed and up to date
- Ensuring project health and safety documentation is carried out in full and on time
- Advising and supporting managers on health and safety matters
- Maintaining hazard records
- Effective and positive communication between clients, contractors, staff and management
Skills & Experience
- Fully conversant with the NZ Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Knowledge of contract documentation, specifications, drawings and programmes
- High level of computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A practical knowledge and proven experience in implementing and maintaining quality management systems
- A successful track record in an advisory role with proven results through collaboration and team work - preferably within the construction industry or related trade
This role is a full-time (40 hours per week) position based in Palmerston North. Salary will be reflective of skills and experience. This is a new role within the organisation, and an opportunity to make your mark as a Health and Safety professional. All applications will be professionally and confidentially managed by Robyn Bills.
Express your interest with a covering letter and apply now!