Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Monday, 15 January | Type : Permanent + Full-time
As Events Senior you will be able to put your expertise in to play and have an input into making regional events even more successful! You will be responsible for leading, developing and delivering the annual CEDA events programme as well as maximising the growth opportunities of all events in the region, and oversight of the CEDA Major Events fund application process.
The team at the Central Economic Development Agency have the best job in the world; we’re on a mission to make our region the very best it can be! Every day we are focused on driving and facilitating the creation and growth of economic wealth in Manawatu and beyond. So if you want your career to have real purpose, and you’re committed to using your expertise to make a difference then look no further, this could be the opportunity you’ve been searching for.
What you need to know about the organisation:
CEDA is jointly owned and funded by the Manawatu District Council and the Palmerston North City Council. We have an independent board with years of governance and industry experience who are fully committed to driving positive business, social and environmental outcomes for the region.
We are a passionate group of people with expertise in marketing, communications, events, and business attraction, retention and development. Collectively, we are the enablers, the connectors and the doers; leading the economic development of the region we call home.
As Events Senior you will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of an annual CEDA Events Programme and leading the administration and communication of the CEDA Major Events Fund application process. You will also be responsible for the Implementation of the Regional Events Strategy.
Your key areas of responsibility under the guidance of the Marketing and Communications Manager will be:
- Lead the development and delivery of an annual Events Programme into the CEDA Marketing Strategy and Annual Marketing Plan, including input into the CEDA lead regional Events Fund.
- Implementation of the Regional Events Strategy.
- Identify funding streams including securing sponsorship for events.
- Developing detailed event project plans, work flows and timelines for all CEDA events, including budgets.
- Working with the team and stakeholders to ensure outcomes and objectives of events are achieved in a manner that reinforces and promotes CEDA wider business objectives and values.
- Overall Management and oversight of the CEDA Events Framework and Fund application process.
- Provide effective leadership, management, and coaching to the Events Coordinator and subcontractors (as required).
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and events sponsors.
What we are looking for in you:
Extensive experience in Event Management including Health & Safety requirements
Relevant event management or similar tertiary qualification
Experience in the development of event plans and strategies
The ability to build and maintain strong professional networks and relationships
Strong personal integrity and high level of professionalism
Positive contribution to the CEDA objectives and team environment
And in return? We’ll support you to be the best you can be, we’ll encourage your creativity and radical thinking, and surround you with passionate people all aiming to achieve amazing things for the region. What are you waiting for?
To Apply, please submit your up to date CV along with a Cover Letter detailing the most recent events you have successfully managed.