Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Thursday, 23 June | Type : Permanent + Full-time
The link between the client and the tradies, you will be able to juggle multiple projects at a time and be a super communicator.
About The Company
G.J. Gardner Homes are a well-known and respected nationwide team with each franchise locally owned and operated. They take pride in their service promise of taking the worry out of building by providing a fixed contract price, a pre-arranged construction time and a fully comprehensive specifications schedule so there are no hidden extra surprises.
G.J Gardner have a vision to have every customer recommend them to their closest friend, and in fact word of mouth is the way that most new customers hear about them. It's something they are very proud of, that more New Zealanders trust them to build their homes than any other builder and this drives their actions every day.
About The Role
With one of the Construction Supervisor’s moving into an Estimator role within the team, Manawatu/Horowhenua G.J. Gardner Homes are looking for a highly organised, confident person with an exceptional customer service focus and construction background.
This role is responsible for ensuring:
- Houses are built within the scheduled time frame and are built to necessary Building Standards and appropriate specifications
- The workmanship of subcontractors and suppliers is up to standard and work is being completed on time and any issues are resolved in a timely fashion
- The necessary statutory and local body inspections are completed
- Adequate communication is maintained with the customer throughout the building process
- Health & Safety standards are maintained on job sites at all times
Skills & Experience Required
- A can do attitude, you will be proactive and able to use your initiative
- A strong understanding of the construction industry with confidence in making decisions and communicating
- A great multi-tasker, you will be super organised and self-motivated
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships, this role is the go between the customer and the tradies
- Good computer skills with an understanding of Microsoft Word and Outlook would be advantageous
- Logical thought processes and problem solving skills
- A clean full New Zealand drivers licence
How To Apply
All applications must be submitted to Palmerston North Personnel. Please submit a copy of your CV and a detailed Cover Letter explaining what experience and skills you can bring to the G.J. Gardner Homes team.