Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Friday, 20 January | Type : Permanent + Full-time
- Projects/Contracts experience critical
- Commercial construction highly desirable
- Self-managing role - demands mature outlook
Our client has been quietly delivering commercial construction projects for quality customers without fuss and fanfare because that’s how they do what they do! Palmerston North Personnel have been asked to recruit a Contracts Manager to do more of the same! The expectations are simple but demand a certain set of skills.
As Contracts Manager you will work alongside a small team of other contract managers who are getting the job done on projects across New Zealand – and you’ll be able to draw on their industry knowledge when required but the key for your success will be the previous project and/or contract management experience in an industrial or commercial setting.
You will be expected to:
- Price small projects/jobs - typically construction/installation of their product
- Organise and manage projects/jobs through to completion
- Managing materials
- Organising labour and subbies
- Controlling costs, variations and end of month claims
- Site visits and site meetings are required
- Effective health and safety management
- Professional programme resources throughout the project
- Transparent documentation of all aspects of your projects
Yes the expectations are pretty clear, but rest assured we are looking for someone who can do the role and the organisation justice – and clearly demonstrate a history of past achievements/success.