Location : Filled Vacancies | Listed : Friday, 22 February | Type : Permanent + Full-time
Awatapu College seeks a highly efficient and reliable Business Manager to join our Senior Management Team.
Awatapu College is a co-educational Secondary School based in Palmerston North. The Business Manager plays a key role in supporting the Principal, Senior Management Team, and the School Board, taking leadership of the business aspects of the College.
The Business Manager is responsible for leading and managing the administration team, and ensuring the effective operation of the school. The role is responsible for finance, administration, property/maintenance, health and safety, Service Level Agreements, as well as cleaning and caretaking operations.
We are seeking an inspiring and collegial leader of our School Administration team. If you believe strongly in the attributes below then we would be delighted to hear from you. Do you:
- Have outstanding financial skills?
- Meet deadlines?
- Believe in and deliver excellent customer service?
- Have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills?
- Have a track record of leading high performing teams?
- Demonstrate excellent leadership qualities?
- Have an effective management style that consults and delegates appropriately with a proven ability to initiate and manage change?
If so, this is a great opportunity to join a thriving College in the Manawatu and make a real difference.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- Provide guidance for all financial and budgeting processes
- Lead the administration staff and provide strong professional management of the team
- Lead the Health and Safety Committee and School Property portfolios
- Provide input at strategic levels to help guide business decisions for our College
- Identify opportunities for innovation
- Proven senior leadership and management experience within a business and/or educational environment
- Well networked within the Palmerston North community
- Support our school's charter/strategic goals
- Be loyal to the College and work cooperatively with the management team
- Be committed to ongoing personal professional development
- Be an effective administrator with an ability to define tasks, determine priorities, set timelines, see tasks through to completion, and review their effectiveness
- Be aware of and sensitive to different cultures and to social differences
The salary for this position is $72,000 p.a. (pro rata), depending on the applicant’s experience and qualifications, for 40 hours per week, term time only. In order to meet the needs of the position, it is recognised that hours of work may be exceeded at times.
Please note, applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
If you would like to be a part of a very strong leadership team, we welcome an application from you.
Applications should reach Christine Hanning, PN Personnel, no later than 4pm Wednesday 6 March 2019.