Kia hiwa ra kia hiwa ra, join Midcentral DHB as a part of the corporate support team providing services for their exceptional executive director supporting the dynamic Māori Health directorate.
The General Manager Māori Health drives an extensive equity for Māori programme across the district enabled by a talented and competent team delivering services varying from planning, commissioning, workforce development, equity approaches, tikanga and kawa and whānau care services.
If you are looking for a role that is fast paced, varied, and rewarding then this may be the right role for you!
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Based in Palmerston North hospital, this is an amazing opportunity to utilise your skillset within the health sector as they navigate through this exciting and dynamic time of change set within the health reforms.
Not only will your strong executive support and organisational skills put you in good stead for this role; you will also get the opportunity to lead and support the successful delivery of projects and initiatives that are meaningful, have an impact and are important.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience as an EA in a large and complex organisation for more than three years.
- Excellent computer literacy, particularly Windows, Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Impeccable communication skills and the ability to connect and collaborate at all levels including senior leaders, external partners, and frontline employees.
- The ability to quickly build credibility and ‘relationship capital’ and to influence at all levels.
- Excellent writing and word processing skills with a strong command of English, including grammar and spelling.
- To be dynamic, creative, energetic, enthusiastic, and engaging with a can-do attitude.
At MidCentral District Health Board they aim to provide representation from communities they serve; given the nature of this role and the outcomes they are aiming to achieve; having knowledge of Te Reo (oral and written) is advantageous.
Anei mātou | About us
All applicants interested are encouraged to find out more information about our mahi – please feel free to familiarise yourself with our website. http://www.midcentraldhb.govt.nz
For those shortlisted to interview, we encourage you to bring whānau support to learn about this opportunity, and how you can contribute to our mahi. (Note at covid alert level 2 initial interviews will be conducted via video link).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply with your up to date CV and a Cover Letter letting us know why you’re interested in supporting the General Manager Māori Health. (Please note your Cover Letter will be a key part of your application).
The recruitment for this role is being managed by PN Personnel. For more information, please feel free to contact Robyn Bills on 06 280 2401.
Applications Close: 3rd of October 2021.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role