If you are an experienced truck driver with the ability to train others, look no further!
Higgins Family Holdings Limited is a leading and well recognised business and have an opportunity for a Driver Assessor/Trainer to join their team.
Within this role you will support the plant managers to maintain, improve and monitor driver performance within its concrete and aggregate businesses including being responsible for assessing and mentoring drivers for safe heavy vehicle operations. These assessments will relate to both on and off-road operational environments and there is a requirement for some travel within New Zealand to various company locations. You will need to be a people person with the ability to relate well to others in order to get the best outcomes.
Experience and skills required:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in long haul/service delivery driving.
- Great communications skills and the ability to relate well with others.
- Experience in training and assessing other drivers desirable.
- A clean driver’s licence in classes 1 – 5. Wheels and tracks endorsement advantageous but not essential.
- Understanding of the New Zealand heavy vehicle regulations and be familiar with Health and Safety requirements.
- Ideally hold the NZQA Unit Standard 4098.
- Experience in managing and maintaining records associated with assessment scheduling and completion.
As part of the recruitment process, shortlisted applicants may be required to complete a practical driving test. Applicants must be willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and a medical check.
If you have the experience listed above and are eligible to work in New Zealand, we welcome your application.
To Apply for this position, we require an up to date CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience. Please note, only applicants meeting the above criteria will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
All applications will be managed by Nicola Burton-Stroud from PN Personnel.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role
Meeting people, building solid relationships and understanding human behaviour are skills which have drawn Nicola to PN Personnel.
Nicola has the knack of asking the right questions to fully understand a position, person and business.