Based in Whanganui, Pacific Helmets (NZ) Ltd are seeking an experienced Automation Engineer who can hit the ground running.
Pacific Helmets (NZ) Ltd is family owned business proud to offer sustained working opportunities in Whanganui for over 35 years. We specialise in the development, design and manufacture of safety helmets to international safety standards for clients all over the world.
The Role and responsibilities
This is a newly created position. As the Automation Engineer you will have excellent communication and relationship building skills and be self-motivated with a flexible approach. The role encompasses automation programming, engineering design, installation, commissioning and user training for production.
- Assist with design, development, testing and validation of products
- Develop jigs and fixtures to assist with product testing and production
- Technical documentation
- Project co-ordination and management
- Assist with prototype assembly
Skills and experience
We are looking for a tertiary qualified (automation, electrical, mechatronics or similar) engineer who has expertise with Allen Bradley PLCs, Schneider and Allan Bradley HMI/SCADA systems. You will also possess strong interpersonal skills to deal with other departments, production staff, contractors and suppliers and be an intelligent problem solver that can think on their feet to identify and fix problems and issues.
You will have a strong strategic mind set and excellent planning skills, along with the following:
- Bachelor’s in Mechatronics / Engineering or similar qualification
- Minimum of three years’ in a similar engineering role
- Competency with SolidWorks
- Excellent communicator and have great attention to detail
- Possess sound analytical and report writing skills
You should have a good understanding of electronics, the ability to read schematics and a familiarity with transitioning products from concept to production, these skills would be very desirable.
So, if you feel you have the skill set and background we are seeking, please forward your cover letter and resume without delay.
Please note, a pre-employment drug screening test may be required as part of the recruitment process. You must also be eligible to legally work in New Zealand.