Opportunities don't come along like this every day - cement your career in this Assistant Accountant position.
Higgins Family Holdings Ltd (HFHL) are a leading and well recognised Manawatu business offering a rare opportunity to join their team in an Assistant Accountant position.
Ideally you will have completed or are working towards a tertiary level Accounting qualification and want to work towards membership with CAANZ as an AT or CA. You will provide support to the Accountants, Administrators and its associated businesses which include concrete, aggregate and property.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of reconciliations
- Fixed asset register maintenance
- Preparation of tax returns – GST, RWT, FBT
- Processing of accounts payable and receivable
- Administration support
The qualities and skills I am looking for:
- Accounting and analysis skills and technical knowledge
- High achiever who is self-motivated
- Conscientious and intuitive
- Highly accurate and has an eye for detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised, can prioritise and meets deadlines
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
Reporting to and working closely with the Financial Controller, this role offers an opportunity to learn, develop and grow your career within HFHL. If you want to cement your career working in a fast paced and dynamic environment with a team of committed people working together to deliver high performance results, then I welcome your application.
This position is full-time, working 40 hours with the hours being 8am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Please submit your up to date CV and detail in your cover letter why you believe you will be the successful applicant.