Join the Head Office team at Property Brokers, Palmerston North and play a key part in driving internal AML & CFT Compliance.
Property Brokers has been proudly looking after the property needs of provincial New Zealanders since 1986. The Property Brokers family started with 5 people and is now 700 strong, with over 70 branches throughout New Zealand. The AML Compliance Officer role is newly created, and we are looking for someone to join the Finance team in Head Office, based in Palmerston North who will take responsibility to ensure that Property Brokers meets its obligations under the AML and CFT Act.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review and maintain the AML/CFT Compliance Programme & Risk Assessment
- Oversee the CDD responsibilities which includes identity checks, PEP checks, source of wealth and other verification activities
- Create and deliver a training programme to all staff that have AML responsibilities
- Promote AML to staff and independent contractors to develop a positive culture resulting in the highest level of compliance
- Assist in identifying and reporting suspicious transactions and activities
- Provide executive reports to management outlining key AML compliance activities
- Complete annual reporting requirements and participate in independent and regulatory audits
The qualities and skills I’m looking for:
- Previous AML/CFT experience is desirable
- Motivated and thrives in a challenging role
- Analytical with the ability to analyse large-volume and complex data
- Strong relationship building skills
- Process improvement focussed
- Exemplary communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to provide high level customer service and advice
- Have maturity, resilience and have personal integrity
- Bachelor Degree in Law/Finance/Business is advantageous
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Opportunity to take full ownership of this role and make it your own
- Supportive environment
- Work for an amazing team that are second to none
- Be part of the best full-service real estate brand in New Zealand
- Quarterly travel around New Zealand
So, what are you waiting for? If you are passionate about AML/CFT and want a role where opportunities to develop are extensive then please submit your Cover Letter and CV.
Property Brokers has a heart and is a vibrant, dynamic company with Head Office based in Palmerston North. They have an outstanding national reputation built on long lasting personal connections. They are major sponsors of sporting, cultural and community events and are passionate about provincial New Zealand. Over the last three decades they have had a lot of fun and this is something they are committed to continuing - so why wouldn't you want to be part of it?
The recruitment for this role is being managed by PN Personnel. For more information, please feel free to contact Cushla Brasell on 06 280 2402.
Only those who hold NZ Residency or a valid working visa will be considered for this role
Cushla effortlessly tackles our fast paced industry with her pro-active nature. She is dedicated to delivering Temporary and Permanent recruitment solutions every time and is committed to understanding your expectations to ensure the right fit.
Cushla always has a positive upbeat attitude and is never too busy to hear from you, so call her today for a confidential chat.